It's that time of year! Who doesn't love a good year end recap? In the past I've done a picture round up, book round up (still hope to do this in early January, despite how few books I read this year!), travel round up, but today is one I think we can all use....a favorite (new to us) recipe round up!
I try to document most of our new favorites on instagram (visit my page here). Here's 10 of our favorites we tried from the past year, in no particular order! If you're looking to spice up your meal plan, give one (or a few) of these a try!
1. Sweet Potato Hash from the cookbook Eating in the Middle by Andie Mitchell. Get this cookbook if you don't already have it! I tried a few of her recipes this year and loved them all!
2. White Bean Caprese from Skinnytaste...a delicious side at anytime of the year!
3. Rosemary Chicken Salad with Bacon from Skinnytaste...of all my meals I've listed here, this was the one I was most skeptical about, but was the biggest pleaser! J and I both loved this filling salad. I added chickpeas because we had some leftover from another meal, and they made a nice addition.
4. The Kitchn's Skillet Gnocchi...this wins as my most popular new meal from 2016. I make this alllll the time because it's so easy, cheap, and my family devours it.
5. Southern Living's Steak with Charred Tomato Relish...my friend Katie shared this with me, and it was a summer favorite when we were grilling regularly. I prefer it with flank steak.
6. Skinnytaste White Bean and Chicken Enchiladas....another meal I find myself making all the time! Also have made it a few times for new mamas!
7. I know I've shared this on the blog before, and I almost feel like I'm cheating including it on here, but this meal right here is one of my most favorite finds form 2016. And the only prep work required is chopping two peppers and an onion. The steak is the herbed sirloin with chimichurri sauce from Trader Joe's, and the rice is the Peruvian Rice from Trader Joe's (it's in the frozen section and amaaazing!)
8. How Sweet Eat's Red Wine Marinated Flank Steak with Cherry Tomato Caprese Salsa...this is as delicious as it sounds and looks. I like it over arugula.
9. This cauliflower salad wasn't new to us (but it's definitely a favorite!), but these Grilled Shrimp Scampi Skewers were a new one for us, and they were delicious. A great summer time dinner!
10. And last but not least! Slower Cooker Creamy Chicken and Biscuits. We just tried this one last week and it was the perfect winter time comfort meal. And it was an EASY crock pot meal. Also, I cheated and made pillsbury biscuits. Makes dinner time even easier, which I am all about when I have a 14 month old hanging on my leg and crying at 5pm, and a four year old singing her head off five feet behind me.