Monday, January 2, 2017

Hello 2017...healthy goals and habits

Happy 2017! We rang in the New Year pretty quietly in our home since we left M back in Virginia for an extra couple days to hang with my parents. T went to bed before 8pm, and J and I stayed up late finishing Westworld (I have so many thoughts!) and then we watched ten minutes of ABC before the ball dropped, which was just enough time to see Mariah Carey's epic disaster of a performance. A very fitting way to say goodbye to a long year.

No big resolutions over here for the year, but I am trying to challenge myself monthly in different ways. I found this awesome daily habit tracker which is exactly what I needed to help me not only keep myself accountable but also to be able to look back at the month and see how I've done at working towards my goals. You can download the printable for free here!


For January I've got four goals for each day...

1. No sweets (definitely my hardest, but also why it needs to be a goal right now!)
2. No alcohol
3. Read for at least 30 minutes a day (the hardest part for me is staying awake for a full 30 minutes to read at night!)
4. Drink 75+ oz of water a day

So....we'll see how it goes, but I'm excited to see how this paper and pencil approach works for me. I'll report back next month with how it worked for me.

1 comment:

  1. OMG Westworld!! So good. I can't wait until the next season!

    ReplyDelete