Friday, April 28, 2017

Five on Friday....beauty favs

Yay Friday! It's been a long week and we're looking forward to a beautiful weekend here in Charlotte. J has been working HARD to spruce up our backyard over the last few weeks and it's looking so great. We're almost done with a little project that I can't wait to share. Hopefully this weekend we'll finish it up!

I'm linking up with April today and sharing my five "beauty" favs of the moment. 


I say beauty and kinda chuckle to myself, because I am NOT a beauty product guru. Like not even a little. But I've recently started using all five of these in the last couple of months and love them all!


1. DryBar Triple Sec - I LOVE this stuff. I was looking for a good texturizing spray and tried this on a whim. I bought the smaller size to sample it, but I'll be buying a larger can when I run out. This stuff is amazing at adding texture, volume, and even works as a dry shampoo. I love it. It's worth the price tag and helps me stretch my hair to 4 days between washes!

2. NYX Bright Idea Illuminating Stick - I bought this at Target last week (for way cheaper than the price on Amazon, fyi) and it adds such a pretty glow to the apples of my cheeks. I bought the color Pearl Pink Lace, but you can go for others to add a touch more color. I can wear this with my CC cream (see below) only and feel like I look so put together. 

3. NYX Butter Gloss in Strawberry Cheesecake - I feel like so many glosses I have add minimal color, but this one is the prettiest pink that actually keeps my lips pink! I have been using lipsense too, and I do like it, but sometimes I don't want an all day color. I want some color, but only something to last for a few hours. This is my favorite!

4. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer - I have seen others blog about this or talk about it on snapchat, and I don't know why I waited around for so long to try it. It's cheap and it WORKS. I have a few other concealers that provide more coverage but they're so cakey. This one is still good coverage to cover circles under my eyes but it's light and not cakey. It's an awesome drug store find!

And last but definitely not least....

5. IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream - I have bought and loved many CC Creams. I truly love this one from Aveeno and still use it some days. But for whatever reason, I gave this IT one a try, and guys....it lives up the hype I had heard about it. It's light but covers so well. It's pricey, but one worth splurging on in my opinion. I could live in this and the NYX illuminating stick above! They are the perfect amount of makeup without looking like you're wearing makeup!


Have you tried any of these?
What beauty items are you loving these days?

3 comments:

  1. i love that maybelline concealer! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that concealer! I was just at Target so I picked up the illuminating stick. I couldn't find that shade of gloss, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i use that concealer too. it's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete